2.07.2011

Picture 38: Letters



I think letters are the greatest thing in the world. Email and facebook and smartphones and twitter and blogs and every other social media thing-er-mado available has made us almost forget the hand written word. I absolutely cherish any time I get an actual piece of mail (that is not a bill, or student loan statement or.....actually, I kind of enjoy the coupons, I digress).

I can't completely complain, because I am part of the problem. But every time I stop to think about it, I try to pause and reflect on those truly cherished people in my life. Tonight I sat down to write one such person a letter. Because she is someone that I think about daily, miss terribly and holds a special place in my heart. It is people like that who deserve a little letter in their mailbox every now and then rather than just a wall post on facebook.

No comments: