2.06.2011

Picture 37: In Rememberance

Today, since all my siblings were in town, we decided to go and visit my grandparents grave sites. I was able to be at the burial of both my grandparents, but since all my siblings live so far away none of them had see where they were buried. It was a special time to be able to gather, talk, reminisce and see where our grandparents are laid to rest.

Just a few plots away though, we noticed this grave



I don't know if you can tell what surrounds the tombstone, but they are bud light cans. I thought this was slightly hilarious, but also endearing. I hope that one day when I pass - this is how I too will be remembered. That friends and family will gather with their cheapest six pack to laugh, tell stories and then leave the cans for me to clean up - because sometimes, when it's those I love most, I enjoy being the hostess.

No comments: