2.28.2012

Marmie's Enchiladas

I came home from work today and got the itch to cook. And so I did. I called my marmie because I got the craving to make Enchiladas! And I remember from growing up that whenever she made enchiladas they were delicious! So I channeled my grandmother in her apron and got to work.


Ingredients:
3T oil
2 med. onions, chopped
2 large green peppers, chopped
2 cans enchilada sauce
1 c. sour cream
1 lb monterey jack cheese cut into 12 logs
2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
12 corn torillas
1/2 c. oil (i think you need more - but maybe I am not a master chef!)
-----
I added two tomatoes, chopped
5 cloves of garlic


Cook onion and green pepper in 3T oil until soft but not brown, salt to taste (this is where I added the 5 cloves of garlic).


Combine the enchilada sauce and sour cream, simmer for 1 minute.


Fry tortillas one at a time in oil - don't let them get TOO cripsy (you have to be able to roll them). Drain on paper towel.



 Put enough sauce on bottom of 9x13 pan to just cover it.


Put 1/12 of pepper and 1/12 of jack cheese in tortillas (I added tomato!) and roll. Place seam side down in baking dish.


Pour remaining sauce over. Top with cheddar cheese.


Bake uncovered at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes.


This freezes well and serves 4-6! Happy Cooking!!


Bon Appetite!

No comments: